Alligator takes security seriously. By default, it:
- does not access your filesystem in any way.
- only handles JSON-serializable data.
- only imports code available to your
While no known vulnerabilities exist, all software has bugs & Alligator is no exception.
If you believe you have found a security-related issue, please DO NOT SUBMIT AN ISSUE/PULL REQUEST. This would be a public disclosure & would allow for 0-day exploits.
Instead, please send an email to “firstname.lastname@example.org” & include the following information:
- A description of the problem/suggestion.
- How to recreate the bug.
- If relevant, including the versions of your:
- Python interpreter
- Web framework (if applicable)
- Optionally of the other dependencies involved
Please bear in mind that I’m not a security expert/researcher, so a layman’s description of the issue is very important.
Upon reproduction of the exploit, steps will be taken to fix the issue, release a new version & make users aware of the need to upgrade. Proper credit for the discovery of the issue will be granted via the AUTHORS file & other mentions.